Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Sorry, dudes

I haven't updated in almost three weeks now and that's bad. However, the first week I explained away already, and the rest of my reasons have to do with actually studying hard this quarter and for the remainder of my time here at this University, especially in light of the whole potential fifth-year thing. I can't afford that. Does this mean I won't be updating anymore? No. I probably will get back to the every-other-day basis updating schedule soon, it's just the beginning of the quarter seems to take the wind out of me more thoroughly than its remainder. Anyway, enough excuses.

To make up for it I'm going to post this huge megamix I assembled which is, in reality, completely arbitrary, but is nonetheless titled "The Best Of 2006 Part One". Well, I guess that's what it's titled - it doesn't really have a title. Anyway, the point is it's a 31-song mix that's meant to highlight some good material from the first half of this year based upon my estimates of what is good. 2006 has been a pretty dense year already, so I'd imagine more indulgent sprawling mixes can be expected from me and others. Here's the tracklisting:

(Band/Artist - Song - Album)
01 - Band Of Horses - The First Song - Everything All the T ime
02 - Ceephax - Hardcore Wick - Hardcore Wick 7"
03 - Eliot Lipp - Rap Tight - Tacoma Mockingbird
04 - Lilys - Where the Night Goes - Everything Wrong Is Imaginary
05 - Stereolab - Excursions Into Oh, A-Oh - Fab Four Suture
06 - The High Violets - Invitation - To Where You Are
07 - Colleen - The Ukulele Song - Mort Aux Vaches
08 - Citay - Shalom Of Safed - Citay
09 - GHQ - Drift-Void - Cosmology Of Eye
10 - Et Ret - It Was Pure Folly - Gasworks
11 - The Fiery Furnaces - Teach Me Sweetheart - Bitter Tea
12 - Destroyer - Painter In Your Pocket - (Destroyer's) Rubies
13 - Kieran Hebden & Steve Reid - Morning Prayer - The Exchange Session, Vol. 1
14 - Whitehouse - Language Recovery - Aceticists
15 - No-Neck Blues Band & Embryo - Five Grams Of Widow - EmbryoNNCK
16 - Herbert - Harmonise - Scale
17 - Drop the Lime - Unfold - Shot Shot Hearts EP
18 - The Knife - We Share Our Mother's Health - Silent Shout
19 - Ellen Allien & Apparat - Way Out - Orchestra Of Bubbles
20 - Delays - Cavalry - You See Colours
21 - Tokyo Jihen - Shuraba (Adult Version) - Adult!
22 - Wet Secrets - Boat Gas Death Train - A Whale Of a Cow
23 - The Ladies - Non-Threatening - They Mean Us
24 - Danielson - Kids Pushing Kids - Ships
25 - Belle & Sebastian - Song For Sunshine - The Life Pursuit
26 - Loose Fur - Wanted - Born Again In the USA
27 - Darando - I Want Your Love So Bad - Let My People Go
28 - Home - Raging Angel - Sexteen
29 - Mogwai - Auto-Rock - Mr. Beast
30 - Scott Walker - Cossacks Are - The Drift
31 - The Arctic Monkeys - When the Sun Goes Down - Whatever People Say That I Am, That's What I'm Not


Download

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home